JCreator is a Java integrated development environment that is available for the Windows operating system. It is a useful editor for programmers who don’t use drag-and-drop components to create graphical interfaces in their projects or for novice programmers. JCreator is more reliable, more efficient and faster that many other Java editors.
This IDE supports several formats of files such as .txt, .jar, .xml, .jsp, .htm and many more, including .java, of course. JCreator provides project templates, wizards, code completion, project management, syntax highlighting, spelling checker, word wrap, unlimited undo/redo, comment selection and many other features that make your development of Java projects, applets and Web-based projects easier. If you download JCreator you will be able to customize its interface according to your the needs.
JCreator is more reliable, more efficient and faster than many other Java editors
Jcreator allows viewing and navigating easily through different files that can be opened at the same time. It enables you to hide the modules that are less important with its code folder functionality. This editor detects when a new block is starting and ending. Exchange and manage your code with its CVS and Ant integration. JCreator is an IDE that is focused in making the task of programming easier, and especially faster.
JCreator is a great choice for beginners in Java development because of its intuitive and easy management, while it is also recopmmended for advanced programmers due to it versatile and rich feature set. This tool is available for working in the Windows operating system, but you can try to work with it in other platforms using Windows emulation tools as SoftWindows for Mac and SWINE for Linux, although its stability is not guaranteed.
On the developers' official website you can find a lot of free help for handling JCreator. The installation is explained in steps, and there is a Tour product that can be very helpful for taking as much advantage as of this IDE as possible. There is Java, CVS, Ant and JSP support, with several comments and screenshots that help to explain any of your doubts. It is possible to download JDK from the official website and also download Java API documentation.
JCreator LE 5.00 Features
- More than an ordinary editor— it provides faster speed, ease of use and customizable interface
- JCreator offers a complete set of functionalities such as project templates, project management, debugger interface, code-completion, wizards, syntax highlighting, and others
- Run or compile your Java programs without having to first activate the document
- Easy-class browser and project viewing
- Soured code navigation
- JCreator is written in C++. This make it more efficient and faster compared to many other Java based IDE’s
- Ant, CVS and JSP support
- Use JDK tools for debugging, compiling and running your projects
- It allows you to call on external utilities and functions
- JCreator is compatible with JDK older versions
Feel free to take a look to the official website here
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows 98
- RAM: 64 MB
- HDD: 10 MB of free disk space
- It is necessary to install JDK (Java Development Kit) for making JCreator work