Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 works behind-the-scenes to proactively protect your computer against worms, bots, trojans, rootkits, spyware and any virus that may attack your computer. This protection is granted by its real-time and cloud-assisted services, with a huge and continually up-to-date threats' database. Besides, one of the greatest novelties of this software is the fact it includes the new ZetaShield technology, which identifies unknown malware. Also, this version includes support for touch-enabled devices such as tablets. In fact evidence of this functionality is the interface redesign, with a more visually attractive style that facilitates use and comprehension.
Protection is granted by real-time and cloud-assisted services, with a huge up-to-date threats’ database
Even though this is in award-winning antivirus that has one of the highest detection rates on the market (9.18 out of 10), one of the things users criticize is the fact that Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 does slow down computers’ performance while carrying out its regular security tasks. That is why this application is more often recommended for medium-high power computers.
What does this program offer?
When it comes to web-based activities, this antivirus warns you when links and associated pages are malicious or risky thanks to its URL Advisor. This is performed with color-coded icons, which label sites as ‘Trusted’, ‘Suspicious’ or ‘Dangerous’. Also, it scans incoming and outgoing emails keeping your mailbox free of spam and unwanted messages. Dangerous content is blocked in both cases.
Similarly, Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 has a tool called ‘Automatic Exploit Prevention’ which is able to monitor and control the behavior of your computer software, reducing vulnerabilities and preventing the harm attacks and infections can cause if protection is not updated with the latest fixes and patches. Thanks to this functionality you can restrict some applications operations as well as control the launch of executable files and assess how they behave.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 18.104.22.16851a Features
The unique features of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 are the following:
- Real-time protection thanks to traditional and cloud-based services
- Three types of scan to choose: Quick, Full and Custom
- URL Advisor is a plugin available for Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers
- File Advisor checks the safety of every file, even of those you want to download
- Virtual keyboard to type information and prevent it from being tracked by keyloggers
- Gamer mode makes the antivirus run in the background while playing a game or watching a movie
- System Watcher detects suspicious behavior in your PC and enables rolling back or undoing malicious actions
- Blocker Trojan technology provides protection against screen lockers
- Small but regular software updates
- Redesigned Task Manager: easier view of scanning processes and the resources they are consuming
- Automatic Exploit Prevention to prevent the exploitation of programs’ vulnerabilities
If you want to read more information about Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to download and install Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2014 are:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Processor: 8000 MHz or faster
- RAM Memory: 512 MB
- HDD: 480 MB of free space available